Growing together in
- By providing an environment that nurtures and encourages each student’s spiritual growth and relationship with Christ.
- By coming beside the family to offer academic, social, physical, and spiritual development.
- By leading others to know God personally.
- By transforming and molding students for their life’s purpose as planned by our Lord and Savior.
- By providing an academic environment that encourages each student to reach their fullest potential according to their abilities.
- By educating our students to be able to discern truth and express themselves clearly through writing, speaking, and actions.
- By instilling values in our students, including love of God, others, and our country.
- By training and develop Godly leaders.
- By showing the love of Christ through the way we interact with each other.
- By being a light to our local community through our Godly example and acts of service.
Standards Of Conduct / Discipline
Christians are supposed to treat everyone with the proper respect and are to show proper deference to those in authority. Such conduct as talking back, sarcasm addressed to those in authority, complaining, gossiping, vulgarity, cursing, or discouraging others is not acceptable at West Hernando Christian School and will be corrected through discipline.
Students are expected to come to class prepared and on time…prepared means that you have paper, writing implement, homework completed, and the books necessary for that day’s work. Disruptions to the class routine will not be tolerated and will be corrected through discipline.
Students are expected to be honorable in their character, which would not allow for lying, cheating, stealing, deception, forgery, or poor stewardship. Cheating will result in a zero for that assignment, whether the student was the one doing the cheating or allowing the cheating. Claiming any other person’s work as your own is considered cheating, including homework. Further discipline measures will also be taken.
Proper Christian conduct toward the opposite sex is important and is emphasized at West Hernando Christian School. No romantic physical contact (holding hands, putting arms around each other, etc.) will be permitted at school, in vehicles, or at school activities or functions. Further, placing hands on another person is unaccepted, including but not limited to pushing, shoving, hitting, kicking, and scratching. Violations will be corrected through discipline.
West Hernando Christian School strives to teach their students how to live a Christ-centered life IN this world and not to become a part OF the world. Therefore, use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs and/or misuse of legal drugs, reading and/or watching pornography, or immodest behavior are all activities that our students are expected not to engage in both on and off campus. Further, any student who engages in or promotes sexual behavior not consistent with Christian principles (including sex outside marriage and homosexuality) to the extent that it impacts the student body may be suspended or asked to withdraw.
Conduct which is prohibited at school is equally prohibited away from school. The Christian life is not a game, with one set of rules for church and school and another for everyday life. Regardless of whether the proscribed activity takes place at or away from school, the student is equally subject to discipline for those actions, up to and including expulsion.
The Standards of Conduct will become a part of the enrollment process at West Hernando Christian School to be acknowledged and signed by the student as well as their parents so that there is clarity of expectations.