IX. GROOMING AND HEALTH
- Bathe daily - - - - sports is strenuous, USE DEODORANT
- Keep nails clean and short
- Maintain your health with a healthy diet of good food and exercise
- Drink plenty of water
- Jumping rope, running, swimming, riding a bike, and practice are beneficial ESPECIALLY ON SCHOOL BREAKS WHEN NO PRACTICE IS SCHEDULED.
• These guidelines do not cover every situation. Each sport will receive guidelines for the specific sport.
• CONFLICT RESOLUTION: WHCS follows the guidelines set forth in Matthew 18: 15-17 as a form of conflict resolution. If a parent or athlete should have a problem with the coach, speak with the coach to discuss the problem. Most conflicts are resolved at this level. If unresolved after this meeting, an appointment should be set with the coach and the athletic director. If unresolved after this meeting, an appointment should be set with the coach, athletic director, and the administrator.
• PARENT RESPONSIBILITY: Our coaches and athletic directors are also held accountable for the conduct of our spectators. Because we are members of a Christian Conference, appropriate modest attire is required. Referees/coaches may not be challenged, and there will be no booing/heckling from the stands. Such conduct may result in being required to leave the gymnasium.
Please be on time to pick your child up from practices and games. This is a matter of courtesy as our coaches have family responsibilities as well. The administrator will contact you if this becomes a problem, and it could be grounds for dismissal from the team.
Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2: 2-5
“THE MOST IMPORTANT MEASURE OF HOW WELL I PLAY THE GAME IS HOW MUCH BETTER I MAKE MY TEAMMATES PLAY.”
NBA Hall of Fame
Center Bill Russell
- << Prev