West Hernando Christian School is interested in attracting students who are: motivated to learn, strong in character, and amenable to Christian instruction. Our goal is a college preparatory education for students who are average or above average scholastically. We do welcome learning disabilities, but our program is designed to only serve children with mild to moderate LD needs in reading and math. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide programs which meet the needs of students who require unique or specialized learning.
- Parents seeking a Christian education based upon academic excellence for their children will be accepted providing the WHCS Statement of Faith and Parent/Student Handbook are unchallenged. WHCS maintains the right to refuse admittance, suspend, or expel anyone determined to be incompatible with standards and conditions as set forth, whether it be students or their parents.
- The faculty and staff are cooperatively bound in their commitment to Christ and work in a labor of love to assist parents to rear their children in the “nurture and admonition of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
- The teachers are willing to teach under the Lordship of Christ, based on the truth of God’s Word, and to motivate children through Christ-centered curricula toward a dynamic life needed to fulfill God’s cultural mandate (Genesis 1:28).
- Fundamental disciplines are taught. This interdenominational effort has embodied the cardinal tenets of the Christian faith in its charter and shall not yield to compromise.
- We believe the definition of marriage to be the union of one man and one woman for life here on earth. (Mark 10:6-9) (Matthew 19:5-6)
- We believe that God’s plan for natural sexual relationships (between a man and a woman) is His ideal for His creation and anything deviating from it is sin. (Romans 1:24-32)
- Educationally, WHCS seeks to provide the highest standards of academics; to that end, we teach the whole child: spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, and physically (Luke 2:40, 52).
- We believe that God created life in the womb (Psalm 139:13) and to end such a life would be a sin (Exodus 20:13).