A Parent’s Perspective
I have to say the fifth grade teacher you have is wonderful. In pick-up line, some girls had a “girl issue” and the teacher encouraged them to pray and to fix their relationship. Her words and care for those girls are what this school is all about. We forget that there are children growing up in public schools, and they are whisked away with day-to-day problems. At WHCS they are being taught life and how to cope with that…it was a wonderful thing to witness. These teachers are more than just academic educators…and it’s all of them!!
WHCS is an expanding ministry founded in 1996 for the education of your children within a Christian environment. It sits on ten acres developed which at present form the total campus environment. Students from prekindergarten through the senior year of high school learn with the intent of being fully prepared to enter a college community as young adults having both the academic skill to compete and the nurture of Christian training to know why and how to serve their Lord Jesus. WHCS is a member of the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, through which it derives and maintains its standards of academic excellence.
Working in harmony with homes and churches, West Hernando Christian School strives to nurture each student's spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and physical development so that their highest human potential may be attained through the love and guidance of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:21, John 17:17).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:7).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:30, 17:11, 22), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:21-25, Luke 1:26-35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19, Acts 7:56), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 9-11, Jude 14-15, and Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24, Romans 3:23, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-9, and Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Daniel 12:2, John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:14-17,I Corinthians 12:12-14, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life (John 16:7-15, Romans 8:9-13, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
Ethics in Education
West Hernando Christian School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally afforded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its admission policies, educational policies, scholarships, loan programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs.